It has been 6 months since the Gage, Gnarr and crew landed on Lopan. Since then our young adventurers have learned alot, and alot has happened. First Gnarr, WroggTar and RevDar made their way up the treacherous mountains of Lopan to reach the fabled library. Once reaching the great library, it took a considerable donation to the church to allow such miscreants access to the library. What followed was days of tedious research by WroggTar with the help of RevDar. Gnarr being illiterate didn’t do much but sit around complaining the entire time, and constantly bugging RevDar to teach him more of Lopnel and his ways. What came out of this research project was some interesting information:
- The Cup of Serlath can only be obtained by someone wearing the Medallion of Churuz.
- The Medallion of Churuz supposedly lies in an ancient Palace in the Baalgor Wastelands.
- The person that really knows the most about this legend is an old Elf by the name of Krimley.
- Talking to some of the older priests here, they mentioned that Krimley used to come visit often, but stopped coming many years ago, last time they heard from him, he lived in the Eastern Territory in a town called Richly.
With this newly found information the party returns Captain Fritz’s ship and they make sail for the city of Richly. The city of Richly is a huge city that is simply bustling. The Iconic item of this city is a giant Candle that sits in the center of town. This candle is easily 6 stories tall and burns with a magical Blue Flame that is said to never extinguish no matter how hard it rains or snows, the flame survives. It is this beacon that gives the Human race hope against the Wolfen and their constant onslaught into the eastern territory. Once in the city of Richly Sue is approached by an very old elf as soon as the party makes it to the local tavern to try and find Krimley. The old man introduces himself as Krimley and that he has been expected Sue for a long time. After a long talk the party gathers the following information from Krimley:
- The Medallion was created by the Dwarves as a token of piece and offered to the Elves.
- The Medallion can only be touched by a Female blood relative of the messenger that carried the medallion.
- If the Medallion is ever touched by someone other than a Female blood relative bad things will happen. Rumor has it this is what caused the Elvin kingdoms to fall and caused the creation of the Baalgor Wastelands.
- Sue is the last female decedent of the messenger.
At this point Sue can’t travel by horse any longer, she is due in a month and needs to rest. However the medallion must be found and it basically sits on the other side of the world. Bed ridden the party get restless and realize they must move on before the Elvin Prince and his Knights find you. Sue recognizes this as well and has a vision in her sleep. When she awakes she talks to Gage.
“Gage, I had a vision. I had a vision that you will see Dex today. Bring him to me, and have him watch me. He can help me bring our babies into this world, and he can protect me while you are gone. You must go with Gnarr and find the Medallion. I have seen in my visions that you travel with them. It is how it must be” As she finishes the last sentence tears begin to roll freely down her face. She leans forward as best she can and kisses Gage lightly on the forehead. “Go find Dex, then go find the Medallion”
Gage then proceeds to inform the rest of the party of Sue’s visions. RevDar adds that once we find the medallion, that we could possible summon some sort of teleportation magic to bring Sue to us. While they are talking over a meal, Gnarr see’s Dex walk in the tavern.
Soon Dex is in charge of watching Sue, while Gage, Gnarr and crew load up with Fritz and make their way back to the Old Kingdom, so they might make their way to the Baalgore wastelands and the Ancient Palace.
Soon the party is back where they started this whole mess. The Old Kingdom, on the edge of the Elven Princes empire. It looks pretty much the same. However as you start to formulate the best route to get to Baalgor, you realize that you must pass near the old Druid womans house. Gnarr then thinks back to his scroll and the eerie mystical powers it possessed….
We find our party sitting around a campfire…...